Friday, May 21, 2010

Becoming Gluten-Free~

Hi All,


  I was just diagnosed last month after 10years of horrible stomach pain, nausea, head aches and just being plain sick ALL the time. After numerous tests & mis-diagnosis the doctors have found out I have Celiac Disease. Since it has been so long that I have had Celiac Disease without knowing it my intestines are still recovering from all the damage so I still have nausea,stomach pain etc. but that will go away with time! I'm Dee and i'm happily G-free.




Being gluten free because of Celiac Disease or as I say "G-free" means I can't have ANYTHING that contains gluten. Things that contain gluten are in so many places but the obvious is bread,crackers,pasta etc. The places that have hidden gluten ingredients are in gum,soy sauce,candy,ketchup, salsa,soup & sports drink etc. 


Follow me along on my journey of living "G-Free" and all succeses,failures & mishaps that will happen as I learn how to cook differently & live "G-Free"~

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the gluten-free blogging community! (I know this is kind of an old post, but I just found your blog today and thought I'd say hello.)

    It's unfortunate how many people have to go through years or decades of being sick before they find out what the problem really is. (I can relate to that; I found out I had to be gluten-free when I was 18, after years of being misdiagnosed and/or being told it was "just stress".) Thankfully doctors are now starting to become more aware of celiac disease.

    Luckily GF foods are finally becoming easier to find! Also, as I'm sure you've discovered, there are lots of people here on the internet sharing recipes and insight to help each other live well without gluten. It's great that your transition to being "G-Free" is going well!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and let me know your experiences and what you think of each post! I am still learning everyday so if you have suggestions etc please,please let me know! Have a great day!